I know it’s already the middle of February (the first month and a half of 2018 seriously flew by!), but where I live it is definitely still winter…. as in it snowed again today. The sun is trying to bring with it spring, but the cold temperature and dry air is still effecting my skin. If you live anywhere similar to this, or if you are just needing some good moisturizing products, here are my 5 favourite go to’s! Part 1 is all about body care (stay tuned for part 2 early next week all about my favourite facial products!)
- L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream for Dry Skin – this is my everyday hand cream that I don’t go anywhere without all year long, but especially during the winter season. It’s the perfect size to throw in any bag and take with you whenever you need a little extra moisture. I really swear by this, because it works so well and isn’t greasy. I purchase mine at Sephora www.sephora.com/loccitanesheabutter
- Aveda Hand Relief Moisturizing Creme – I use this nightly before I go to bed. I like that I can lather it on (it is a bit greasier than the L’Occitane cream) but it will be sure to make your hands feel moisturized and ready to take on the day in the morning. I also use it partly for the smell. I LOVE AVEDA PRODUCTS and find the scent really relaxing – perfect for your before bed routine www.aveda.ca/handrelief
Before I even go into how great these products work – I have to say how amazing they smell! (Can you tell I’m a sucker for a great smelling product?!)
3. St. Ives Coconut & Orchid Body Lotion – I’ve used this product for years and years and have never had any problems (Yes, I don’t just use this in the winter). Sometimes I can react to a scented moisturizer, but with this one that hasn’t happened. I like the pump on the bottle, the fact the product isn’t greasy but super effective and you can’t beat the price!! (Tip: this is also a great moisturizer to mix with tanning cream if you don’t want the tan to be too strong) www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/StIvesLotion
4. St. Ives Coconut & Orchid Triple Butter Hydrating Body Wash – Unlike the lotion, this is a new product for me. What makes it perfect for winter is the consistency. Gels and some body washes tend to be a little drying so the lotion consistency of this body wash makes it a perfect for winter showers. www.shoppersdrugmart.ca/StIvesWash
5. Moroccanoil Treatment – Not only does your skin get dry during this time of year, but so does your hair! I like to use this product to add some shine back in and control any dry and frizzy pieces. www.sephora.com/moroccanoil
What are your favourite products to stay moisturized during the winter?