I know it’s been spring for a few weeks now, but it has JUST finally started feeling like it! With the sun finally out, tulips popping up and birds starting to chirp, I wanted to bring a little spring into my home with this DIY decor project!
- Vase (mine was $3 from Walmart, but I think a mason jar would look great too!)
- Krylon 18K Gold Premium Metallic Spray Paint
- Kirkland House Blend Medium Roast Coffee (any coffee will work just make sure it is whole bean)
- Faux flowers (these ones came in bunches with shortened stems from Michael’s)
- Garbage bags – to protect the surface you’re painting on
Measure out how many beans you will need to fill your vase plus a bit extra.
Lay out the coffee beans on the garbage bag trying to ensure the beans are not sitting on top of each other
Spray paint an even layer, without moving the beans.
After 20 minutes (or when the paint has dried), turn the beans over to reveal the dark side and spray paint again.
I repeated this process 4 times, until the beans were entirely coated in paint. I also ended up picking out a few that weren’t gold enough for me, which is why we want to spray paint a few more than we think we need to fill the vase.
Making sure the coffee beans are totally dry, fill your vase and arrange the flowers.
The spray paint smell wears off pretty fast leaving you with just the scent of coffee, an added bonus to how pretty this easy DIY turned out!
Let me know if you try this! I would love to see pictures.